All Things To Know About The Largest Blockchain Conference In India: The International Blockchain Congress
The International Blockchain Congress (IBC), a two days conference held by the Indian Government and co-hosted by Nucleus Vision, NITI Aayog, and the governments of Telangana and Goa is to be held in Hyderabad on August 3rd and 4th, 2018.
The conference is intended to be the largest assembly of enthusiasts, financers, speakers, capitalists, regulators and startups to cultivate their ideas and innovations for a Blockchain-powered world. Here’s all that you need to know about this meetup-
- Looking at the interest and resources pooled in by the sponsors and co-hosts, it is definitely a successful step taken by the ministers and concerned authorities of India as well as international governments. The government participation is one of the key features which makes this event worth the call.
- It is expected to give a great platform for startups to strategize their investments where the top VCs and PEs will be attending the conference.
- The conference will be hosting 80+ speakers and panelists including leaders, politicians, regulators, policymakers, and industrialists.
- It will be featuring keynote speeches, demonstrations and workshops, and other panels.
Top Speaker Confirmed Till Now
- Tim Draper – One of the most influential venture capital investor and Founder of Draper Venture Network, a global alliance of venture capital firms
- Min Kim-Co-founder of the ICON Foundation which one of the world’s largest Blockchain networks
- Jehan Chu- who is the Co-founder and MD of Kenetic Capital is a leading venture capital firm specializing in the blockchain space
In a note quoted by Shri KT Rama Rao who is the minister of IT and Industries of the Government of Telangana, India-
“The state of Telangana has always been a flag-bearer of technology in India and has been at the forefront of adopting disruptive technological advancements. Continuing this tradition, we are deeply involved in blockchain development and have been fostering a powerful support ecosystem in the state. We are proud to co-host this momentous event in the city of Hyderabad and look forward to interacting with global innovators to create a powerful blockchain ecosystem with its epicenter in the state of Telangana.”
In addition, Rohan Ashok Khaunte, Cabinet minister of IT for the Government of Goa quoted-
“In recent years, the government of Goa has built a world-class infrastructure for technology startups, and subsequently has become a destination of choice among entrepreneurs. The possibilities of blockchain have always been on our horizon and with the right partners, the International Blockchain Congress is the perfect platform to showcase our commitment to space. We invite innovators from all over the world to participate in the event and we look forward to working with international industry experts to create a hotbed for innovation in the scenic state of Goa.”
As the Indian government investigates various use-cases of Blockchain technology including the accounting of land records and averting cyberattacks, discourses of the conference will be focussing on the potential effect of this disruptive technology on numerous sectors, as well as the regulatory aspects, both in India and all around the world. This platform will be providing networking opportunities to all conference attendees and government officials to optimize on how to bring up India as a worldwide pioneer in the space.