Blockchain.Com Partners With Polkadot For Its Wallet
Blockchain.com, a crypto data supplier and crypto wallet based in Luxembourg, has reportedly teamed up with Polkadot, a blockchain interoperability protocol.
As per an announcement made on August 20th, Blockchain.com will collaborate its blockchain wallet with the Polkadot Network with the aim to boost the decentralization and adoption of the Polkadot tokens (DOTs).
After the collaboration, the Blockchain.com users will be able to send, receive and store DOTs, and also vote for nominated amendments to the council members and network protocols.
The integration intends to support the concept of decentralization. Co-founder and CEO of Blockchain.com, Peter Smith, said in the announcement that Polkadot is the perfect network for purpose-centric protocols. He also said that the team managing Polkadot agrees on Blockchain.com’s ideas of increased user control and decentralization.
Back in 2017, Polkadot had announced its initial project of developing the Web3 foundation. This project is being developed by Gavin Wood, the co-founder of Ethereum and Polkadot founder, the founders of the Parity Technologies, and Jutta Steiner, the first security chief of Ethereum.
Polkadot had purportedly sold 500,000 DOTs at an unspecified price, as announced in June 2019. This kept the firm’s valuation of $1.2 billion. Polkadot also launched its tested version of the protocol called Kusama, after distributing the tokens.
- Binance Launches Bitcoin-Pegged Token BTCB May Accelerate Bullish Market’s Coming?
- The Dock is Set tO Transform Data-Exchanging Using Blockchain
- All Your Health Issues Have Blockchain Solutions With Nano Vision
- TNC CEO Bruce Jeong to Attend CC Forum London 2019
- Miller Lite Is Using PayPal And Cryptocurrency For Its Trivia Game
- Dapper Labs Raises $11M From Warner Music And Others to Launch Flow
Hottest Blockchain News Daily
Get our latest news and posts in your inbox.