New Pilot Project Launched To Track Cannabis Supply Using Blokchain
Canadian pharmacy chain Shoppers Drug Mart has partnered with blockchain company TruTrace Technologies Inc. to launch a pilot program for tracking via blockchain for the supply chain of cannabis, according to a report by Bloomberg on June 17.
This report states that this blockchain tracking system will be used to identify and track medical cannabis and would include data such as the strain’s source and genetics. This data will thus allow doctors to issue more effective prescriptions, as well as provide robust information for medical marijuana clinical trials.
Ken Weisbrod, a Shoppers Drug Mart executive commented on how this new level of specificity can help. The reason behind the tracking system is to tackle the concerns of patients and doctors alike, by “making it more like traditional medicine,” says Weisbrod.
Commenting on TruTrace’s ideology, the firm’s CEO Robert Galarza stated that he hoped the company’s recent partnership with Shoppers Drug Mart can get him similar arrangements with American pharmacy chains CVS and Walgreens, which already sell cannabis-based products.
A report earlier stated that Internet of Things car security company CyberCar based in Col
According to the report, the blockchain system would track drivers, vehicles, and deliveries automatically.
- Binance Launches Bitcoin-Pegged Token BTCB May Accelerate Bullish Market’s Coming?
- The Dock is Set tO Transform Data-Exchanging Using Blockchain
- All Your Health Issues Have Blockchain Solutions With Nano Vision
- TNC CEO Bruce Jeong to Attend CC Forum London 2019
- Miller Lite Is Using PayPal And Cryptocurrency For Its Trivia Game
- Dapper Labs Raises $11M From Warner Music And Others to Launch Flow
Hottest Blockchain News Daily
Get our latest news and posts in your inbox.