Samsung To Launch A Blockchain-Branded Galaxy Note 10
Samsung’s flagship launches in this year
Even though it might seem like too many to us, the tech giant, Samsung clearly does not hold the same views. Additionally, it is now reportedly launching a blockchain-based variant of the Galaxy Note 10 for customers looking for cryptocurrency-focused mobile devices.
As per a report by The Wall Street Journal, this variant of Galaxy Note 10, which is currently only available in South Korea, is to be marketed as a “KlaytnPhone.”
KlaytnPhone is a name given to a blockchain network system developed by the blockchain arm of a South Korean messaging company, Kakao. WSJ noted that the device will have a build-in crypto wallet and blockchain applications available, which will grant users with a certain amount of Klay. Klay is a crypto made by Kakao.
This initiative of having blockchain applications and a crypto wallet in a phone is not exactly new. Earlier this month, Samsung had added a crypto wallet in a few Galaxy S10s and HTC has already launched their blockchain phone. WSJ also said that Klaytn’s blockchain applications can also be run on Android devices. However, the report by the Journal suggested that only the KlaytnPhone would “boast the blockchain platform’s full breadth of transaction services.”
Additionally, KlaytnPhone is expected to be priced around the same amount as the non-blockchain Galaxy Note 10s, and also has the same hardware system.
- PSCU Tests CULedger’s Blockchain-Enabled Decentralized Identification Platform
- Seoul Government Intends To Launch its Blockchain Petition System On March 1
- Blockchain Technology All Set To Make Tax System Convenient And Reliable
- Mashreq Bank Embraces Blockchain for Customer Satisfaction And Client Security
- Spain’s Catalonia State Embraces Blockchain Technology For Digital Independence
Hottest Blockchain News Daily
Get our latest news and posts in your inbox.