Telangana To Become India’s First State To Implement Blockchain In PDS Scheme
India has been implementing Blockchain at a rapid pace, and it will have a significant impact on how the industries will run in the country in the future. The government had given a nod to Blockchain and utilizing it to usher into the secure digital age.
The Telangana State Civil Supplies Corporation (TSCSC) will be bringing in the ‘blockchain technology’ into the public distribution system (PDS) during this Kharif season. The goal is to tackle issues related to irregularities and ensuring transparency in the PDS scheme. Commissioner Akun Sabarwal said that the inauguration of the trial project would take place at MLS Point in Gajwel, Siddipet district.
Telangana will thus, with this trial run, get recognized as the first state in India to use blockchain technology in the PDS scheme.
The TSCSC will provide a unique QR code to each jute bag. The encrypted information will have a connection with department servers. Once the concerned officials scan the code, the data on the bag would be recovered on their smartphones.
Changing the QR code printed on the jute bags and having their location details is something that would never be achievable. Updates will be given to the officials when the code is scanned. Blockchain will also be beneficial for tracking the number of bags used in one cycle.
- Volvo Adopts Blockchain Technology To Ensure Its Promise Of Safety
- Russian Corp. Rostec Intends To Reduce Blockchain Expenditure By 50%
- Israeli Securities Authority Issues A Request For Information To Stimulate Blockchain Innovations
- Accenture Launches A Blockchain-Based True Supplier Marketplace
- Blockchain Interoperability, A Secret Behind Successful Projects In 2020
Hottest Blockchain News Daily
Get our latest news and posts in your inbox.